Senior Lite Feed Balancer is designed for elderly horses that are prone to weight gain. It combines the benefits of a low-calorie feed balancer and a joint supplement, in a highly cost-effective way. Senior Lite Feed Balancer is formulated without cereal grains and provides only low levels of sugar and starch. It is important to keep the starch intake of elderly horses low when fibre intake is compromised, in order to maintain healthy hindgut function and avoid loose droppings.
Senior Lite Feed Balancer includes the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to help maintain mobility. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day.
Senior Lite Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed that contains several supplements that provide the levels of micronutrients and digestive aids normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When Senior Lite Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore no need to add any further supplements.
Feeding Senior Lite Feed Balancer will not promote weight gain when fed as part of a calorie-controlled diet.
Senior Lite Feed Balancer contains yeast probiotics to support healthy digestion. The probiotics are particularly beneficial for elderly horses suffering from stress e.g. during changes in routine, given less than ideal turnout time, losing a companion, recovering from illness, after worming and during or after a course of antibiotics.
- Optimum levels of all the micronutrients needed to balance feed for light-medium work.
- Glucosamine, MSM, amino acids, complex carbohydrates, and anti-oxidants, to help maintain healthy joints.
- A highly available source of vitamin C to help maintain healthy lung tissue.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants, which helps to maintain healthy cells and avoids speeding the ageing process, and to help maintain muscle function.
- Two advanced yeast products to help fibre digestion and help to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Scientifically proven levels of biotin, plus associated nutrients, to greatly improve hoof quality. These micronutrients also promote a supple skin and a shiny coat.
- Generous levels of B vitamins to compensate for decreased production in the hindgut when fibre intake is limited.
- Organic chelated trace-elements for improved availability.
- Considered levels of protein, vitamins, minerals and trace-elements to help maintain strong bone.
- Many factors to help relax behaviour.
- A considered level of protein to allow muscle repair and maintenance without promoting topline.
Senior Lite Feed Balancer is available in 15kg sacks, which last a 500kg horse for 30 days or a 250kg pony for 60 days.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %4.0
- Protein %15.0
- Fibre %17.0
- DE MJ/kg9.1
- Starch %7.0
- Calcium %2.4
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg1,500
- Biotin mg/kg30.0