An easy to chew, highly digestible fibre feed suitable for all horses and ponies, particularly those with poor teeth.
- Hi-Fi Senior is a blend of soft grass and nutrient rich alfalfa with a light molasses and oil coating
- Highly digestible fibre for optimal digestive health
- Hi-Fi Senior can be used as a hay replacer for performance horses, those with respiratory problems or horses who can no longer chew the longer length of hay or haylage
- The short chop and soft grass make it easier to chew. Soaked Alfa-Beet can be added for extra calories and weight gain
- If using as a hay replacer, simply replace the weight of hay with the same weight of Hi-Fi Senior or feed ad-lib
- With an energy level comparable to very good quality hay, Hi-Fi Senior can improve the feed value of the ration, helping poor do-ers to gain weight
How To Get The Most Out Of Feeding With Dengie Hi-Fi Senior
Hi-Fi Senior is ideal as a partial or complete hay replacer for horses that find chewing hay difficult. With an energy level comparable to very good quality hay, Hi-Fi Senior can improve the feed value of the ration, helping elderly animals to gain weight. Feed Hi-Fi Senior in large tub trugs when using as a hay replacer.
The alfalfa and grasses in Hi-Fi Senior are dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure Hi-Fi Senior has a low dust content making it ideal for promoting respiratory health.
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Resting or light Work Bucket feed (kg/day)||Resting or light Work Partial/complete hay replacement (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5 – 1.0||up to 5|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2 – 13.2||300||0.5 – 1.5||up to 7.5|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2 – 14.2||400||1.0 – 2.0||up to 10|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2 – 15.2||450||1.0 – 2.0||up to 11|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2 – 16.2||550||1.5 – 2.5||up to 14|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||Over 16.2||650||1.5 – 2.5||up to 16|
One large Stubbs scoop = 300g
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’