Senior Feed Balancer is designed for elderly horses. It combines the benefits of a feed balancer and a joint supplement, in a highly cost-effective way. Senior Feed Balancer is formulated without cereal grains and provides only low levels of sugar and starch. It is important to keep the starch intake of elderly horses low when fibre intake is compromised, in order to maintain healthy hindgut function and avoid loose droppings.
Senior Feed Balancer includes the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to help maintain mobility. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day.
Senior Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed that contains several supplements which provide the levels of micronutrients and digestive aids normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When Senior Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore no need to add any further supplements.
Feeding Senior Feed Balancer helps to maintain muscle development, topline and condition, these often start to decline as horses age.
The superb specification allows elderly horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet in exactly the same way as Comprehensive Feed Balancer, which usually means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits. When horses eat more forage and less hard feed, previously loose droppings usually firm up very well.
Senior Feed Balancer is ideal for elderly horses unable to chew optimum levels of forage. When mixed with soaked TopSpec High Fibre Mash or TopSpec FibrePlus Cubes a superb complete feed is formed, replacing all forage if necessary.
It is also beneficial for elderly horses suffering from stress e.g. during changes in routine, given less than ideal turnout time, losing a companion, recovering from illness, after worming and during or after a course of antibiotics.
- Good quality protein to help promote topline and condition.
- Optimum levels of all the micronutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation.
- Constructive levels of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, anti-oxidants and glucosamine to help maintain healthy joints.
- A highly available source of vitamin C to help maintain healthy lung tissues.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants (which help to maintain healthy cells and avoids speeding the ageing process) together with high quality protein, optimise muscle development and function.
- Two advanced yeast products to help fibre digestibility and maintain a healthy immune system.
- Scientifically proven level of biotin, plus associated nutrients, to greatly improve hoof quality. These micronutrients also promote a supple skin and a shiny coat.
- Generous levels of B vitamins to compensate for decreased production in the hindgut when fibre intake is limited.
- Organic chelated trace-elements for improved availability.
- Effective levels of protein, vitamins, minerals and trace-elements to maintain strong bone.
- Many factors to help relax behaviour.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:-
- Oil %5.7
- Protein %25.0
- Fibre %8.5
- DE MJ/kg12.5
- Starch %8.5
- Calcium %2.4
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg1,500
- Biotin mg/kg30.0