Lite Feed Balancer is designed for horses and ponies that are good-doers. It is ideal for horses that are overweight when fed as part of a calorie-controlled diet. These are the horses and ponies for whom every single calorie counts, and we do not believe you will find a lower calorie feed balancer anywhere.
Lite Feed Balancer is a ‘Non-Heating’, cereal-grain-free formula; with low levels of starch and sugar, and a considered level of protein to help maintain muscle function but avoid promoting body condition.
It is very important that this group of horses and ponies receive their full requirement of vitamins and minerals. Lite Feed Balancer allows them to receive all the micronutrients required to balance the diet of horses in light to medium work in a small amount of exceptionally low-calorie feed.
Lite Feed Balancer will help maintain excellent health whilst greatly improving hoof quality and promoting a supple skin and an exceptionally shiny coat. It is so palatable that it can be fed on its own, or with a little TopChop Lite.
Long term trials have shown that horses and ponies on restricted/poor grazing do not gain any additional weight when fed Lite Feed Balancer. It can also be used very successfully as part of a calorie-controlled diet when weight loss is required.
Lite Feed Balancer is suitable for horses and ponies that have recovered from laminitis providing they are not obese. Our nutritionists recommend TopSpec AntiLam is fed to horses and ponies at serious risk of laminitis, being treated for or recovering from laminitis, to provide a higher level of nutritional support.
- An expertly-balanced broad-spectrum supplement, vital for horses and ponies on a restricted diet.
- A hoof improvement supplement. Includes the scientifically proven level of biotin, (15mg/500kg horse/day), which in association with the methionine, cysteine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine and vitamin A present, will greatly improve the quality of new hoof growth. Chelated sources of copper and zinc are included in the formulation.
- Generous levels of anti-oxidants including vitamins A, C and E plus selenium.
- Considered levels of a pure, protected yeast are included to help maintain a healthy hindgut environment, important for horses and ponies on restricted/poor grazing.
- It is ‘Non-Heating,’ because it is very low in sugar/starch and high in fibre.
Lite Balancer is available in 15kg sacks, which last a 500kg horse for 30 days or a 250kg pony for 60 days.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %4.0
- Protein %15.0
- Fibre %19.0
- DE MJ/kg9.1
- Starch %6.5
- Calcium %2.2
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg1,000
- Biotin mg/kg30.0