The ultimate pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling hard work, improving stamina and promoting condition in horses and ponies.
The addition of rape seed oil makes this feed excellent for providing slow-release energy without the fizz. As Alfa-A Oil is free from molasses and cereal grains it is ideal for over-excitable individuals or those prone to muscle problems.
- Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow-release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low sugar and starch diet. Click here to read about how to feed horses with ERS.
- Alfa-A Oil is made from pure alfalfa grown in fields close to Dengie’s production sites in Essex and Lincolnshire, which has been chopped and dried at a very high temperature to lock in the natural goodness
- Alfalfa is rich in highly digestible fibre, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. High in protein it is ideal for helping to develop muscle tone and for muscle function
- Alfalfa is a natural buffer to gut acidity. Independent research carried out at Texas A&M University, USA showed that alfalfa was a natural buffer to acidity in the digestive system. Feeding alfalfa was more effective at reducing the incidence of gastric ulcers than turnout on pasture 24/7. Click here to read more about the study
- Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content, perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine
- No added sugar, low in starch
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Light Work (kg/day)||Medium/Hard Work Or For Condition (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5||1.0|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||0.5||1.5|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||1.0||2.0|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||1.0||2.0|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||1.5||2.5|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||1.5||2.5|
One large Stubbs scoop = 400g
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||4.5|