TopChop Zero is a natural product made from British chopped oat straw with added apple flavour and mint to enhance palatability.
It is designed for horses and ponies that are overweight and need an exceptionally low-calorie source of mature forage. Horses and ponies can pick away steadily at TopChop Zero when they no longer have access to grass or hay or even haylage.
By doing this they will ensure a supply of fibre to the microflora in their hindgut during periods when otherwise there would be no forage supply e.g. from late evening until morning stables. This will be of huge benefit to the horse’s digestive health.
The formula for TopChop Zero was tested and developed at the Middle Park Equine Research Centre and has been approved by the nutritional team for use in most horses.
It is ideal for overweight horses and ponies, horses and ponies that have to eat haylage that is too ‘rich’ for them, often resulting in loose droppings, overweight horses and ponies prone to, being treated for or recovering from laminitis.
- British chopped oat straw.
- Added apple and mint to improve palatability.
- An extremely low level of linseed oil (to help compaction).
- Limestone is added to improve calcium levels.
- Exceptionally low in sugar and starch.
- Contains no preservatives or artificial additives or colourings.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %2.0
- Protein %4.0
- Fibre %35
- DE MJ/kg4.0
- Starch %1.0