Turbo Flakes are formulated to include cereal grains and therefore provides ‘fast-releasing’ energy. This highly innovative muesli blend is the ultimate high-performance feed, with 35% more digestible energy per kg than quality oats. It consists of cooked High-Oil Oat Flakes and cooked Full-Fat Soya Flakes, with added limestone and salt.
Turbo Flakes are designed to be added to a TopSpec Feed Balancer or supplement and therefore contains no added vitamins or trace-elements. That is why we call it a ‘blend,’ because it is a blend of straight raw materials rather than a complete feed. One of the ways in which it is superior to most straights however, is that it has been supplemented with the major minerals calcium and sodium. For example feeding Turbo Flakes instead of oats to hard working horses, reduces or eliminates the need to add salt.
Rich in intracellular oil, and with no added liquid oil, the sweetened ‘non-greasy’ flakes are very palatable to optimise feed intake at peak performance levels. Fed at 7kg/day, Turbo Flakes provide the equivalent of 550ml of Soya oil, eliminating the need for additional liquid oil.
Turbo Flakes have been formulated to replace traditional cereals e.g. oats, or the energy and protein component of ordinary cereal-based cubes/mixes, where additional stamina or performance is required.
- For racehorses and point-to-pointers (see Racing and Stud range).
- For all horses requiring extra ‘fast-release’ energy e.g. event horses for cross-country performance or dressage horses requiring a little extra ‘oomph’ and presence.
- For horses requiring more energy but already at their limit of feed intake per feed.
- For good-doers requiring more ‘oomph’, use strategically i.e in small quantities at recommended times.
- To improve the palatability of feed.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %11.0
- Protein %13.5
- Fibre %3.0
- DE MJ/kg16.0
- Starch %40.0
- Ca %1.0
- Mg %0.2