Joint Feed Balancer combines the benefits of a top specification conditioning feed balancer (TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer) and a joint supplement. It is a superb product for a wide variety of horses, from those working very hard to those on box-rest. Joint Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed which can be fed on its own or with additional feed where extra condition is required. Joint Feed Balancer is formulated without cereal grains and provides only low levels of sugar and starch.
Joint Feed Balancer includes the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to support healthy joints. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day.
Joint Feed Balancer is also rich in the building blocks for hyaluronic acid (HA) and chondroitin. The complete molecules of HA and chondroitin themselves are too large to be absorbed in any significant quantity from the horses gut. These glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) are essential constituents of synovial fluid.
High levels of manganese and vitamin C are also included as they are important for cartilage synthesis.
Joint Feed Balancer also contains methionine and other bio-available sources of sulphur which help to maintain optimum function in tissues such as tendons, ligaments and muscles.
Joint Feed Balancer contains a blend of antioxidants, including vitamins A, C and E to help maintain healthy cell function around the joints.
Feeding Joint Feed Balancer helps to support muscle function and repair and will help to promote condition and topline. The formula includes a high specification broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement suitable for horses in all levels of work. It also includes a highly effective hoof supplement, which provides 15mg biotin per 500kg horse per day, which promotes supple skin and a shiny coat. TopSpec Joint Feed Balancer contains optimum levels of pre- and probiotics to support a healthy digestive system in horses that are working hard, traveling, competing or otherwise stressed.
The superb specification of Joint Feed Balancer allows horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet, which usually means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits.
- A complete range of the micronutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation, even in the most demanding or stressful situations.
- Glucosamine, amino acids, complex carbohydrates and anti-oxidants to help maintain healthy joints.
- Powerful levels of Vitamin E and selenium, vital anti-oxidants, which help to maintain healthy cell function and, together with high quality protein, to optimise muscle development and function.
- The level of biotin (15mg/500kg horse/day) that is scientifically proven to improve hoof quality, plus the levels of methionine, cysteine, lysine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine, vitamin A and soya oil known to improve the efficiency of biotin alone. Many of these nutrients also promote supple skin and a shiny coat.
- Effective levels of protein, vitamins, calcium, phosphorous, copper, zinc and manganese to develop and maintain strong bone.
- Raised levels of copper, zinc, B vitamins and associated nutrients to optimise haemoglobin levels in blood.
- Generous levels of B vitamins for efficient energy metabolism, vital for horses with compromised hindgut function.
- Probiotic and prebiotic yeast products to create a healthy gut environment, optimise fibre digestibility and maintain a healthy immune system.
- Organic chelated trace-elements for improved availability.
- Many factors to help relax behaviour.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %5.5
- Protein %25.0
- Fibre %8.5
- DE MJ/kg12.5
- Starch %8.5
- Calcium %2.4
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg2,500
- Biotin mg/kg30.0