Donkey Forage Balancer is designed to be fed to donkeys from three weeks of age upwards. It provides essential vitamins and minerals plus amino acids, pure specific yeast and MOS (mannan oligosaccharides) to balance forage (usually in the form of grass, straw, hay or chop). Donkey Forage Balancer is formulated without cereals and is ‘Non-Heating.’ The low protein, low sugar and starch, low calorie but high fibre formula will not promote weight gain and can be used as an important part of a weight reduction programme when the rest of the diet is also calorie-controlled.
Using Donkey Forage Balancer will promote general health, greatly improve hoof quality and produce a supple skin with a strong coat. Donkey Forage Balancer helps to maintain a healthy immune system. It is palatable and pelleted and can be fed on its own in a bucket or by hand.
Feeding trials at The Donkey Sanctuary have shown that the best way of delivering an optimal level of nutrition, without promoting weight gain, is to feed small amounts of a multi-supplement in a concentrated, palatable pellet such as Donkey Forage Balancer which is designed to be fed with forage, avoiding the need to add excess calories to the donkey’s diet.
For donkeys that need to gain condition, it is recommended that TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer is fed.
- A broad-spectrum supplement, vital for donkeys on a restricted, forage-only diet.
- Generous levels of antioxidants including vitamins A, C and E plus selenium to help maintain health.
- The level of biotin is scientifically proven to improve hoof quality in horses (15mg/500kg horse/day), which in association with the methionine, cysteine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine and vitamin A present should greatly improve the quality of new hoof growth. Chelated sources of copper and zinc are included in the formulation to improve its effectiveness.
- Biotin, methionine, cysteine, zinc, copper and vitamin A will also promote supple skin and strong coat.
- High levels of a pure, protected yeast to help maintain normal, near-neutrality, and healthy conditions in the hindgut.
- Additional MOS (mannan oligosaccharides) to help maintain a healthy digestive tract and immune system.
- A highly digestible, high fibre supplement carrier to stimulate the fibre-digesting bacteria in the hindgut, important for donkeys on restricted forage intake.
Donkey Forage Balancer is available in 20kg sacks which will last two standard donkeys for two months.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %3.3
- Protein %11.5
- Fibre %19.0
- DE MJ/kg8.5
- Starch %6.5
- Calcium %2.2
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg2,500
- Biotin mg/kg30.0