INTRASITE Gel is an amorphous hydrogel which gently re-hydrates necrotic tissue, facilitating autolytic debridement, while being able to loosen and absorb slough and exudate. It can also be used to provide the optimum moist wound management environment during the later stages of wound closure. It is non-adherent and does not harm viable tissue or the skin surrounding the wound. This makes INTRASITE Gel ideal for every stage in the wound management process.
- Partially hydrated hydrogel formulation
- Contains propylene glycol
- APPLIPAK◊ container, available in range of sizes
INTRASITE Gel’s partially hydrated formulation allows the gel to donate moisture to drier environments and absorb in wetter environments, creating a moist wound management environment.
- Debriding action
INTRASITE Gel rehydrates necrotic tissue and, by its gentle yet effective action, aids debridement.
- Desloughing action
INTRASITE Gel absorbs slough and exudate without damaging fragile granulation tissue.
- Creates a moist wound healing environment
INTRASITE Gel increases moisture content at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation. By keeping fragile granulation tissue moist and allowing the migration of epithelializing cells, INTRASITE Gel helps to create an optimal moist wound management environment.
- Gentle action
Effective yet gentle action leaves delicate granulation tissue undisturbed helping to reduce trauma.
INTRASITE Gel is non-adherent so it is easily removed from the wound by irrigation with normal saline; without damaging fragile tissue or causing unnecessary pain for the patient. Extensive clinical support, suitable for use at all stages of the wound management process. INTRASITE Gel contains propylene glycol which acts as a humectant (moisturizer) which prevents the gel from drying out and improves handling.
- Easy to use
The unique Applipak system provides simple, directable and controlled application even in awkward wound sites.
- Available in range of sizes
Range of sizes available for wound size – controlling and reducing wastage for cost effective wound management.
- INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the treatment of minor conditions such as minor burns, superficial lacerations, cuts and abrasions (partial thickness wounds) and skin tears.
- Under the direction of a healthcare professional, INTRASITE Gel is used to create a moist wound environment for the management of:
Venous ulcers (leg ulcers)
Diabetic foot ulcers
Pressure ulcers (including stage IV)
- Creates a moist wound environment, which assists in autolytic debridement of wounds covered with necrotic tissues.
Known sensitivity to INTRASITE Gel or any of its ingredients. INTRASITE Gel should be used with care in the vicinity of the eyes and in deep wounds with narrow openings (e.g. fistulas) where removal of the gel may be difficult. INTRASITE Gel is for external use only and should not be taken internally.