Performance Lite Feed Balancer is designed for good-doers in hard work that need their weight controlled, perhaps because of good grazing/forage quality. It is very important that this group of horses and ponies receive their full requirements of vitamins and minerals to support hard work.
Performance Lite Feed Balancer allows performance horses and ponies to receive these micronutrients in a small amount of very low-calorie feed.
Performance Lite Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’* feed that contains a multi-supplement including the levels of micronutrients normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When TopSpec Performance Lite Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore usually no need to add any further vitamin and mineral supplements, other than salt and/or electrolytes for sweating horses, and a nutraceutical joint supplement if required. A complete specification is freely available.
*’Non-Heating’ this term indicates that this product will not promote excitable behaviour in a horse.
Using Performance Lite Feed Balancer will not promote significant weight gain, but will help to maintain healthy enzyme function, support bone strength, greatly improve hoof quality and produce a supple skin with an exceptionally shiny coat. It may also lead to relaxed behaviour in certain horses and ponies and will help to maintain a healthy immune system. Optimum nutrition will contribute to improved performance.
Performance Lite Feed Balancer is the perfect product for hard-working horses and ponies fed forage only, plus salt/electrolytes. It suitable for hard-working horses and ponies on a restricted diet to limit calorie intake. We recommend TopSpec Lite Feed Balancer for good-doers in light work.
When to use TopSpec Performance Lite Feed Balancer
- Low levels of sugar and starch, important for those horses needing controlled levels in their diets. The formula is guaranteed to be cereal-grain-free.
- Optimum levels of all the micronutrients needed to balance feed for hard work.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants, neutralising excess free-radicals and supporting healthy muscle function. Vital for horses susceptible to muscle problems.
- The level of biotin (15mg/500kg horse/day) that is scientifically proven to improve hoof quality, plus optimum levels of all the other nutrients known to benefit hoof quality.
- Effective levels of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to help maintain strong bone.
- Constructive levels of complex carbohydrates and anti-oxidants to help maintain healthy joints.
- Raised levels of copper, zinc, B vitamins and associated nutrients to optimise haemoglobin levels in blood.
- Generous levels of B vitamins for efficient energy metabolism.
- Considered level of probiotic, pure, protected yeast to help maintain a healthy hindgut environment.
- Generous levels of prebiotic MOS (mannan oligosaccharides) to help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Organic chelated minerals for improved availability.
- B vitamins to help relax behaviour in responsive horses.
Performance Lite Feed Balancer is available in 15kg sacks, which last a 500kg horse for 30 days or a 250kg pony for 60 days.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:
- Oil %5.0
- Protein %15.0
- Fibre %17.0
- DE MJ/kg9.5
- Starch %7.0
- Calcium %2.0
- Magnesium %0.6
- Vitamin E IU/kg2,500
- Biotin mg/kg30.0