Stud Feed Balancer is designed for broodmares, youngstock and stallions. The low sugar and starch formula will promote superb muscle and skeletal development without providing the excess calories which can result in overtopping.
Stud Feed Balancer improves the amount of nutrients a horse can extract from his total diet (forage and concentrate) in three ways:-
i) The amino acids, vitamins and minerals in Stud Feed Balancer balance the deficiencies of these nutrients in forage and straights/blends, compared to the requirements of the horse, improving their utilisation.
ii) The pure, protected yeast probiotic in Stud Feed Balancer optimises the digestion of fibre in the hindgut, allowing the horse to gain more benefit from the diet. Research has shown that the specific yeast used by TopSpec significantly improves both total feed and fibre digestibility in the horse.
iii) Another useful yeast product in Stud Feed Balancer, called a prebiotic, is mannan oligosaccharides (MOS). This is a constituent of yeast cell walls. It bonds with pathogenic (bad) bacteria, removing them from the gut, leaving the beneficial bacteria free to multiply and therefore digest fibre more efficiently.
This all means that breeding stock can receive optimum nutrition from reduced levels of hard feed, with many resulting benefits. Stud Feed Balancer greatly improves hoof, skin and coat quality. It also helps to maintain appetite. It moderates the effects of stress on horses and helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
Stud Feed Balancer contains the following features:-
- Excellent quality protein and soya oil.
- Optimum amounts of all the micro-nutrients, including chelated minerals, needed to complement feed intake and allow broodmares and youngstock to reach their maximum potential.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium, vital anti-oxidants, important for fertility and muscle function.
- Effective levels of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements to develop and maintain strong bone and superb muscle.
- The scientifically proven levels of biotin (15mg/500kg horse/day), and associated nutrients, to improve hoof and coat quality and skin condition.
- Two advanced yeast products to help optimise fibre digestibility in the hindgut and remove gut pathogens.
- Organic chelated trace-elements for improved availability.
- Provides the nutrients to optimise fertility.
- Promotes colostrum quality.
- Promotes milk quality and yield.
- Helps to maintain good body condition whilst lactating.
- All the micro-nutrient requirements of the in-utero foal are met, helping the foal to reach its maximum potential.
For Foals and Youngstock
Stud Feed Balancer is very palatable, and beneficial for foals from three weeks of age. Younger foals may safely nibble at their dam’s Stud Feed Balancer but until they are three weeks of age they will not benefit fully from it as their digestive systems will not be mature enough to digest it efficiently.
- Helps to promote good, even growth rates.
- Promotes correct limb development, bone production and strength.
- Provides nutritional support for those being treated for abnormal limb or joint development.
- Optimises fertility.
- Helps to maintain condition, especially helpful during the covering season.
Typical Nutritional Analysis:-
- Oil %6.0
- Protein %27.0
- Fibre %7.0
- DE MJ/kg12.5
- Starch %7.5
- Calcium %3.4
- Magnesium %0.4
- Vitamin E IU/kg1,500
- Biotin mg/kg15.0