- Hibiscrub is used routinely as an antiseptic hand-washing preparation on hospital wards to help prevent the spread of bacteria, fungi and viruses between patients
- Also used to disinfect the skin of people who are having surgery, as well as the hands of people involved in performing surgery, to avoid introducing germs into the body when the skin is cut.
- Used to kill micro-organisms that are found on the skin and thus prevent them from causing infection.
- Also kills a wide range of bacteria and yeasts and some fungi and viruses.
- Contains chlorhexidine gluconate 4,0 g/100 mL as the active ingredient and n-propanol 4,0% (m/v) as a preservative.