The perfect pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling work or promoting condition in horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis.
Naturally low in sugar and starch, Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar, is molasses and preservative free and is approved by The Laminitis Trust.
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is a medium calorie fibre feed, providing 11.5MJ/kg DE from fibre and oil, which is comparable to a medium energy mix or cube, but without the sugar and starch
- On average, Alfa-A Molasses Free is 10 x lower in starch than a typical medium energy mix or cube
- Alfa-A Molasses Free is suitable for horses and ponies that require a low sugar and starch ration such as those prone to laminitis or muscle problems
- Alfa-A Molasses Free includes real mint, fenugreek and alfalfa pellets for interest and taste
- Alfa-A Molasses Free contains no added sugar and naturally provides 2% starch and 4.5% sugar which is approximately half the level of sugar compared to average hay
How much to feed?
|Horse or Pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Light Work (kg/day)||Medium/Hard Work (kg/day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Shetland, Welsh A)||9–12.2||200||0.5||1.0|
|Medium Pony (eg: Exmoor, New Forest)||12.2–13.2||300||0.5||1.5|
|Large Pony (eg: Connemara, Welsh D)||13.2–14.2||400||1.0||2.0|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab, small TB)||14.2–15.2||450||1.0||2.0|
|Medium Horse (eg: TB, ID cross)||15.2–16.2||550||1.5||2.5|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||over 16.2||650||1.5||2.5|
One large Stubbs scoop = 500g
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||4.5|